Sunday, March 3, 2013

Torah Portions and Passover

Since we don't yet know if this is a leap year on G-d's calendar, I haven't posted any double Torah portions, yet. We will know at the next new moon, but since YHWH was very specific with Moses in regard to the barley being "abib" in the first month, preprinted calendars only offer presumed information.

I'm not in Israel, but there are watchmen who do check the barley crop and I'm awaiting word from Israel. I have been watching here, as well, since I'm in the same general latitude as Israel and our spring seems late coming this year. What I do know, is last autumn, after Sukkot, YHWH told me specifically to not presume regarding the first month. And so, any report before the new moon, would be coming from presumption on my part, rather than to observe.

Observe the month of Abib, and keep the Passover unto YHWH thy Elohim: for in the month of Abib YHWH thy Elohim brought thee forth out of Egypt by night. Deuteronomy 16:1

I've also come across some interesting information regarding those of us who are "in a journey afar off" at the time of Passover. I'm not so sure that living outside of Israel is not considered "in a journey."

And YHWH spake unto Moses, saying, Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, If any man of you or of your posterity shall be unclean by reason of a dead body, or be in a journey afar off, yet he shall keep the passover unto YHWH. The fourteenth day of the second month at even they shall keep it, and eat it with unleavened bread and bitter herbs. Numbers 9:9-11

As we seek YHWH, I am reminded that it truly is a daily walk with Him. I simply cannot get ahead of the information He has called me to work within. So, since I don't know, yet, I'll be honest and say, "I don't know, but I am seeking YHWH and His Instruction to know."

No comments:

Post a Comment